An exciting opportunity exists for a vibrant Class 3/4 teacher for 2020.
The successful applicant will need to be energetic, enthusiastic, experienced and passionate about teaching as well as learning.
Experience in Steiner education or willingness to undertake professional learning in Steiner education is essential.
This is a full-time position commencing January 2020.
Applicants will be required to have:
• Excellent classroom management skills
• Experience with NESA and Australian Curriculum
• Relevant teaching qualifications and experience
• Experience of and commitment to Steiner Education
• Able to inspire ‘a love of learning’ in the students
• Excellent ability to build rapport with students, colleagues and parents.
See below for full job description.
Please email applications including resume and three referees to:
Applications close 5pm, Friday 22 November 2019
Responsible to: Blue Mountains Steiner School Council
Key Tasks and Expected Outcomes:
• Class 3/4 Teacher
• Teach the Stage 2 NESA/ Australian Curriculum effectively to the students
• Carry out duty of care to students
• Participate in and contribute to BMSS co- curricular activities
• Carry out teaching duties as negotiated with the Principal and the College of Teachers
• Work independently and cooperatively as part of a team in programming, assessing, registration and reporting
• Invoke a love of learning in all of the students
• Use a variety of different teaching strategies to engage students
• Give quality feedback to students
• Provide strong and consistent classroom feedback.
• Enforce school rules
• Complete academic reports
• Attend and participate in school festivals, open days and parent evenings
• Attend weekly college and faculty meetings
• Commit to regular PD and growth
• Positively support Steiner education and the values of BMSS
• A tertiary degree in a relevant discipline
• Teaching qualification
Knowledge and Experience:
• A working knowledge of current NSW syllabus documents and programming primary KLAs
• Experience in teaching primary students and in particular Stage 2 students
• Ability to teach 21st Century skills and embed these into programming
• Ability to link these skills and knowledge into Steiner education
• Pedagogical proficiency and motivational classroom practices
• Knowledge and experience in Steiner teaching
• Commitment to the education and wellbeing of young people
Skills and Special Abilities:
• Ability to work within a team context
• Passion for teaching within a school environment
• Passion for teaching within a Steiner school
• Interpersonal and communication skills of a high standard.
• Professional and personal integrity
• Strong communication skills
• High standard of organisational and time management skills
• Professional organisation
• Love of life and personal development
• Positive attitude
• Able to take responsibility of self.
• Able to support the strong anthroposophical standards of BMSS
• Successful Working with Children Check