Blue Mountains Steiner School is seeking a full-time Class 5/6 teacher (12-month temporary contract)
We are currently seeking applications for an experienced and enthusiastic Class 5/6 primary school teacher. This position is for a full-time 12-month temporary contract, beginning January 2024.
Our school is located in the stunning natural beauty of Dharug country in the Blue Mountains of NSW, near the village of Hazelbrook.
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, enthusiastic, and passionate candidate who is committed to teaching and learning within a restorative practice mindset. Experience in Steiner education or willingness to undertake professional learning in Steiner education is essential.
This is a full-time 12-month temporary contract position commencing January 2024.
Essential Criteria and Experience
- NESA (National Education Standards Authority) accreditation to teach primary aged children
- Commitment to teaching and learning within a restorative practice mindset
- Ability to use creativity and imagination to deeply engage students in their learning
- Ability to connect and communicate with children in an age-appropriate way
- Excellent ability to build rapport and communicate with children, colleagues, and parents
- Ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively as part of a small team
- Ability to contribute to a healthy and respectful workplace
- Current NSW Working with Children Check.
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Experience with NSW and Australian Curricula
- Relevant teaching qualifications and experience
- Experience with, and commitment to, Steiner Education.
For more information contact the Blue Mountains Steiner School on (02) 4758 6044.
To apply, please forward your resume including three current professional referees and a cover letter addressing the essential criteria by Friday 10 November 2023 to email@example.com.
Read the full Position Description here.